View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #73
Kado Sunrider

Current Game: KotOR, again.
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Interesting topic.

LoH, however much respect I have for you, Im going to have to call you on this. Darth Vader (with the suit and without) was instrumental in defeating a very large portion of the Jedi Order (and I dont want to hear you say that the clone troops killed most of them, blah blah blah, he had to kill some if not most of them himself, with a little backup.) at the temple. On the other hand, when did Revan march into the Jedi Temple and murder everyone in sight, oh thats right. He didn't. He walked in, asked politely if anyone wanted to join him in fighting the mandalorians and left.

Personally, I think that Revan would win, but not for the reasons stated above. Revan was a master of tactics and strategy, sure, but that wouldn't help in a lightsaber battle.

Here's my combat equation for this battle.

(Revan's Juyo + Echani Battle Precognition) + (Anakin's Djem So/Shien + Superior Force-abilities) = Slim victory for Revan

Anyone who says that Tactics and Strategy would have any effect on a single-man engagement should be lined up and shot, thats just ridiculous.

Im also going to have to agree with Gob here. Revan IS an unknown. Was he a consular, sentinel, or guardian? Did he prefer kicking ass with his lightsaber, or with the Force? Just how effective was his combat strategy, was it really amazing, or just the ability to bring endless overwhelming force into play? We'll never know, because KotOR isnt set during the Mandalorian Wars, its set after.

/endrant

Chapter 12 of Renewal released!

Chapter 2 of Heir to the Force released!
Kado Sunrider is offline   you may: quote & reply,