View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #75
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
Lord of Hunger, all I am trying to say is that both of them are not as powerful as we think. They both have their weaknesses, and that's a lot of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Anakin on the other hand was a hero at the end. Anakin was the true Chosen One, he actually did save the Republic and finished the prophecy, but it was until the end, so he did it very late. He was suppose to be the savior of the Republic, and he was because he killed Darth Sidious. Without Anakin there'd be no Luke. Both of them have their negatives, so they're both equal. Still....Anakin was original.
So you are saying that when you were claiming that Anakin was a great hero and equal to Luke, you actually meant he wasn't all that great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gob
Revan only has stuff to prove that he's powerful. But not how powerful. Until some new piece of lit comes out that gives us a precise indication of Revan's power, he's unknown. Simple as that. Could he beat RotS Anakin? Possibly. Can we say for sure? No.
Please actually read my posts. I specified during this debate that we were discussing pre-amnesia Revan, which is different from the personality created by the Jedi Council. We have strong idications that Revan was a Consular due to the descriptions of his extensive Force Mastery. Strategum is often a trait of the Consular class. Malak, who relied on brute power, was more likely the Guardian of the two.
Quote:
That's not what the thread's asking, though. But the thread's topic is invalid, because we haven't seen Anakin at his full potential. And we never will.
We have seen his pre-Vader potential, at that is what this thread is analyzing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado Sunrider
LoH, however much respect I have for you,
Why thank you.
Quote:
Im going to have to call you on this. Darth Vader (with the suit and without) was instrumental in defeating a very large portion of the Jedi Order (and I dont want to hear you say that the clone troops killed most of them, blah blah blah, he had to kill some if not most of them himself, with a little backup.) at the temple. On the other hand, when did Revan march into the Jedi Temple and murder everyone in sight, oh thats right. He didn't. He walked in, asked politely if anyone wanted to join him in fighting the mandalorians and left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastila
What greater weapon is there than to turn your enemy to your own cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
Let us see what Revan did in comparison to Anakin.

Anakin walks in with guns blazing and kills a whole bunch of a Jedi...with a great deal of help from the Clone Troopers. I doubt that he would have been able to kill all of them if there weren't Troopers to at least distract the Jedi.

Revan enters and persuades the more talented and powerful of the Jedi to join a worthy cause, then afterwards form a powerful Sith Empire. He has reduced the power of the Republic and Jedi by at least a third and formed an Empire from scratch.
Quote:
(Revan's Juyo + Echani Battle Precognition) + (Anakin's Djem So/Shien + Superior Force-abilities) = Slim victory for Revan
1) Djem So has to be the most overrated lightsaber combat form in existence. The fact that he beat Dooku with it is not a testament to the strength of the Form but the fact that he was able to surprise his opponent with a different form and the use of the Dark Side.
2) More natural potential does not equal Superior Force Abilities. Anakin was a Guardian, and thus never developed much focus and a range of different abilities. Revan was a Consular who studied under many Jedi Masters, and at Malachor and Korriban. See where I am going?
Quote:
Just how effective was his combat strategy, was it really amazing, or just the ability to bring endless overwhelming force into play?
According to Canderous Ordo, Mical the Disciple, G0-T0, and others, Revan did used very complex tactics often involving feints and the willingness to sacrifice one asset to acquire ten others. It was Malak who used the Sith Armies for overwhelming force tactics.
Quote:
Anyone who says that Tactics and Strategy would have any effect on a single-man engagement should be lined up and shot, thats just ridiculous.
I'd say the exact opposite. Ever heard of Dun Moch? One does not need to kill to defeat an opponent. Oh, and Dooku? To a master duelist like him, leverage and terrain are everything. Charging into battle like a loon (something Anakin did against Dooku during the end of Episode II) is like asking for failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agincourt
He was described by Kreia like looking into the heart of the Force.
Unfortunately, this is hyperbole and doesn't really provide much value to an argument. I've learned that over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agincourt
Anakin probably was a better lightsaber dualist
Proof? Mastery over Djem So does not equal a better lightsaber dualist, considering that it is easy for someone with lots of great strength to master. For the most part, all you're doing is just hacking at your opponent very quickly. Juyo, meanwhile, is a far more complex form.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,