Thread: Arc Trooper Mod
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #69
Ulmont

Current Game: Natural Selection 2
Veteran Fan Artist Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
So then when clone troopers and battle droids die in campaign they drop DC-15 blasters and E-5 blasters. Also put them in different places in the campaign so they are just as common as other weapons and put them in the mod maps. Anyone is welcome to try to make the mesh.
Well if we do that, they we should probably find a way to make bodies stay for an extended/infinite period of time. Otherwise, we'd have thousands of tiny glowing guns just lying around random places. >_>

Quote:
First get some close up pictures of the DC-15 during campaign using the fly cam cheat and also look for DC-15 pictures on Wookieepedia and study them closely. Then look inside some of the "hudarms" files and get an idea of what the inside of a "hudarms" file looks like. Then open Wordpad and then copy and paste the DC-15 mesh in Wordpad. Then open a "hudarms" file and look at the two of them. Try to change the inside of the DC-15 mesh file copy and make it look like the inside of the "hudarms" mesh file, just it is the DC-15 instead. It sounds genius doesn't. If the DC-15 "hudarms" mesh is successful do the same thing with the E-5 droid blaster rifle in the game.
Well, I'm not sure how the hudarms meshes work. I think I could probably get it to work though, given time of course.

Ulmont is offline   you may: quote & reply,