View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #78
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gob View Post
Wait... What? I was referring to pre-amnesia Revan. His power is unknown. We know he's strong, but not how strong.
So what you are saying is that you have multiple personality disorder and none of those personalities know anything.

[/JOKE] In all seriousness, I have cited numerous indications of Revan's training and power.
Quote:
We don't know how he beat Mandalore, Yusanis, and Malak. What have they done? There are no feats or quotes giving us a good idea of how strong they were. And for all we know, he could have killed them all with grenades.
Perhaps then you might try LOOKING IT UP! But no, you're just going to say that it's all unknown and use that as a way to shut down this debate.
Quote:
But we don't know. Obi-Wan beat Grievous, killed Maul, and defeated Durge. Those feats seem to match Revan's.
Grevious - Cyborg who killed a bunch of Jedi
Maul - Skilled Juyo Duelist
Durge - Bounty Hunter with a tendency to survive things a lot

vs.

Mandalore the Ultimate - Leader of the Mandalorians (which means he's the greatest of them all)
Yusanis - Skilled Echani General and Senator
Darth Malak - Dark Lord of the Sith, empowered by the Star Forge

Does the sheer difference between these different sets of characters mean ANTYHING to you?
Quote:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Anakin at his full potential. He said "if he wasn't burned on Mustafar," and if he meant RotS Anakin, he probably would have stated so. But he'll have to specify.
Yes, obviously he will.
Quote:
Obviously, the clones did most of the killing. But that was mostly for the common Knights and such. Anakin killed Cin Drallig, the Jedi Weaponsmaster while fighting off one or two other Jedi. Shows that he was probably taking care of the more notable ones.
Killing Cin Drallig is about the only significant thing I've seen Anakin do.
Quote:
Don't see what that has to do with anything. Revan was more charismatic, that much is apparent.
It has everything to do with everything. It shows that Revan is by far the smarter individual of the two.
Quote:
How is Djem So overrated? And what does that have to do with anything?

No. First of all, you have no proof that Revan was a Consular. You're using pure speculation. Also, we know that Revan was knowledgeable in the Force, but we don't know what he knew. Saying he knew a lot doesn't mean anything.
You really enjoy not reading anyone's posts carefully and then repeating yourself over and over again, do you?
Quote:
Anakin grew tremendously, both in power and experience, between AotC and RotS. Using his faults from AotC when referring to RotS Anakin is like calling out ESB Luke when talking about FotJ Luke.
Except that Anakin's idiotic "let's jump over Obi-Wan" move on Mustafar shows that he didn't really grow all that much. Anakin in AOTC is a Padawan bordering on Knight, and becomes a Knight before ROTS. Luke in ESB is an Apprentice and becomes a Knight by ROTJ. Big difference in growth.
Quote:
And Dooku uses Makashi, which is designed to use as little energy as possible while making precise strikes and exploiting flaws in an opponent's swordplay. Terrain isn't its foundation.
Actually knowing and utilizing terrain is a primary aspect of all dueling. A Master duelist like Dooku would recognize this. For example, he distracted Yoda in AOTC by bringing down a column.
Quote:
Dooku has noted that Anakin was the best practitioner of Djem So he had seen in his life. And that's really saying something. And what does Juyo have to do with anything? There's no proof that Revan used it, if that's what you're inferring. Plus, form =/= automatic victory.
I could quote the Wookiepedia page on Revan, specifically the one that cites that he used Juyo, but I'm not going to be bothered because it is the obligation of both parties to research the topic before entering the debate. And yes, I've read Anakin's page...thoroughly. I was not impressed.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,