View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #34
TheDirective
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR
I'm on Vista 64-bit with the nVidia 190.38 driver, I've followed RS7's Vista Fix guide, made changes spoken using the nhancer program to OpenGL and added the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" to the swkotor.ini file and saved it. I'm pretty sure I haven't missed anything out from the guides and advice available, but my KotOR I still crashes on the Endar Spire. One time I managed to escape to the Taris Apartment, got outside, and guess what, it crashed then instead. :P

I really want to just play my KotOR on my PC, its been like a dream for the past 6 years at the back of my mind. I gave up on an old PC because it wasn't up to spec. But with my new Vista, I thought I'd give the game a shot again, but argh... my attempts are just so far - failing.

Does anyone have any help or suggestions to offer? Pleeeeeeaaaasssee!! I don't want to give up on this game.

EDIT: Actually, one detail I did not complete with the nhancer program was "to select the open GL driver version". As I didn't know how to do this. Could this be the solution?

EDIT II: I think I found the right option and set the driver to the highest option available to me, 3.1. That didn't help though. So... I did some more searching on these star wars forums... found another page with yet even more advice to get the game working... http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

After following Part II and Part III, just now I've managed to play through the Endar Spire and explore the Upper City Taris without a problem. When I get the chance, I'm gonna start from the beggining now and play through the whole game properly.

I couldn't have done this without the community, so thanks!

Last edited by TheDirective; 09-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.
TheDirective is offline   you may: quote & reply,