Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #98
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
For nostalgia's sake, let's look at this article from early 2008:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/force...er_outcry.html

(interview with Cameron Suey, producer of TFU on the Xbox 360 and PS3):

Quote:
"In this case, it just really wasn't feasible. As much as I really understand everybody's
concerns and I really understand that people want to play the game on their platform of choice,
the truth of it is, the way this game is designed, based around these physics, that are simulation
based and very procedural, it would take a very powerful PC to pull them off. This is definitely
stretching the Xbox and the PS3 really to the farthest they can go.

"And yet high-end PCs definitely would be able to do it. Traditionally the way you get a game on
multiple PCs is you have to scale the graphics down, right? Unfortunately physics, especially procedural
physics, it's impossible to scale it and if you did scale it or turn it off or turn it down it would
fundamentally change the way the gameplay works. It would just be too limited for us. It was a
difficult decision to make but you can't scale the physics."
I guess we can "scale the physics" twelve months later, huh? What's funny is that if the above
system reqs are accurate, then this game really isn't "that high end" after all. Most modern games
require 1 gig of ram (which is why I haven't played many of the recent crop of games). Yet, the
Ghostbusters video game is an interesting case, because it required TWO gigs of Ram, yes, 2!
Sadly, that game on the PC totally CUT OUT the multiplayer component (but the consoles had it),
which really made me sad.

In any case, let's hope that this game isn't just another "fire and forget" title with no support
on the PC. They made us wait 14 months... I hope it was worth it!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,