View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #145
Krasas
Rookie

Current Game: Tales of MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by xone View Post
I'm trying to get a clue how to fix missing voices..
For example: One of Important-looking pirates is saying "Hey, don't forget we're short on help because of this whole LeChuck thing.", but there is no voice, only subtitles. There is also no hex values on the beginning of the line inside mi1new.txt (line before have \xFF\x0A\xf1\x03\xFF\x0A\x00\x00\xFF\x0A\x0a\x00\x FF\x0A\x00\x00, and line after have similar)..
I have found that file PL3_28_bar_48_4.mp3 is exactly this sentence, but I don't know how to add this to mapping.txt or change mi1new.txt to hear it in game.
I wish I have explained this clear enough..
Based on jott's explanation here (refer to page 2 of this thread for the whole discussion), you 'll basically want to modify the mapping.txt file by adding lines to it.
Mapping.txt has lines of the form: x=y
The missing.txt file should direct you as to exactly what you should add to the mapping.txt file.

For those lines that the "mkspeech" tool has trouble identifying the right mp3 sample by itself, the missing.txt should have a bunch of "Multiple hits for line ..." entries. Among those entries you pick the one with the right mp3 sample, and it will tell you exactly what you need to add to the mapping.txt file.

Finally, you should run the mkspeech tool again, and the scummtr command to re-import the subtitles to the game files.

(I have not tried any of the above. That's just my understanding of what needs to be done)
Krasas is offline   you may: quote & reply,