View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #137
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forogorn View Post
I don't believe that Revan is the most powerful Jedi or Sith. I believe that he is the weakest, most pathetic Jedi or Sith ever.
If he/she's the weakest, what does that make all the Jedi and Sith Revan outfought?

Quote:
Reasons why Revan is weak:
1. He didn't sense Malak's betrayal.
How is that different than any other Sith? If the master always anticipated the betrayal, there would never be any change in leadership.

Hell, Palpatine, whom many of the G-canon defenders in this thread have pointed out is the most powerful Sith Lord ever, didn't account for Vader's betrayal. He expected absolute loyalty from a man who (a) previously betrayed the entire Jedi Order, and (b) is fully aware that Palpatine plans to replace him at the earliest opportunity. Obviously, this is no indication of weakness.

Quote:
2. He made Malak died, if he didn't go turn to the Dark Side this would have never happened.
Well, one could say the same about Anakin. Had he never turned to the dark side, tons of Jedi would still be alive, Palpatine would likely have been defeated in Episode III, and Obi-Wan wouldn't have been killed in Episode IV.

Quote:
3. He was easily captured by Bastila and the Jedi.
There's no indication that the Jedi would have been even remotely successful had Malak not fired on Revan's bridge.

Quote:
4. He lost his memory.
...And gained much of it back. With the kind of physical trauma he survived, such a small side-effect in relation doesn't really make him out to be weak. Anyway, for that matter, if Revan is weak for losing some of his memory, Anakin is weak for losing all of his limbs.

Quote:
5. He caused many death and pain from turning to the Dark Side.
So did Anakin. So did Palpatine. And, as we've established, neither of these individuals are particularly weak, since calling either weak would make your entire argument invalid.

Quote:
6. He gave no mercy to Mandalore the Ultimate.
Anakin gave no mercy to Dooku, either. Not really much difference in either situation.

Quote:
7. He can easily be defeated by the duelist on Taris unless he regains his strength.
Not necessarily true; I, for example, had no trouble beating all of the duelists.

Quote:
8. He couldn't easily persuade Juhani to turn back to the Light Side, if he was a master of persuasion, he could have done that quickly, but he couldn't.
Again, not necessarily true; given that Revan is generally regarded as a persuasive individual regardless of playing preferences, I'd go as far to say that this is outright wrong.

I have no problems with the idea that Revan isn't the strongest of the Jedi (I seriously doubt he is), but it seems silly to claim that he's the weakest, and then only provide reasoning which, in the context of this thread, all applies equally to his opponent.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,