ok i followed all the steps on post 1 and 2...
even installing the latest drivers for my vid card
downloaded the DX9 thingy
Running the setup with compat properties(xp compat and as admin)
downloaded the mss dll fix
then ran the exe in compat xp and admin
and i got this error msg when i ran the game.. nothing else...
then i used the launcher in compatibility mode and as admin and got this screen when i tried to run the game
So i searched Detonator 45.23 on nvidias page.. and found some stuff...
45.23 Drivers Now Available
The latest Detonator FX drivers (version 45.23) are now available.
* New performance and compatibility fixes – please consult the v45.23 Release Notes
* The industry's only true Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) - supports over five generations of NVIDIA GPUs - from TNT to GeForce FX - all in a single driver binary
* The industry’s best Microsoft® DirectX® 9 support
* Ultimate “The Way It’s Meant to be Played” experience
* nView™ 2.0 multi-display technology increases productivity and provides the necessary tools to control the way users access and view applications.
* NVRotate™ enabling image rotation on today’s advanced flat panel displays.
* NVKeystone™ allows for real-time image correction on portable projectors and heads-up displays.
* Digital Vibrance Control™ 3.0 allows users to adjust color controls to achieve accurate, bright colors under all conditions.
this is from their developer newsletter, dated Last Updated: 08 / 15 / 2003
maybe this is what i need?
it seems like its a driver for xp/2000 , but im on vista... so do i need to get this? ive already updated my vista geforce drivers...