View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #23
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Hmm. Very good. With your help we seem to have stumbled upon this much:
Occupied, but to what extent? That is the question here. All this time, what *really* went on beyond the outer rim?

Were Revan and Exile causing havoc and trouble for the sith empire? Sure.

Trouble the ancient Emperor couldn't handle? I don't think so. I think it was all part of his master plan.

Analyzing:
Quote:
Sacking of coruscant, The Sith Warrior:
For 300 years, we prepared, we grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe. You were trusted to lead the republic--but you were deceived. As our powers of the dark side have blinded you...You assumed no force could challenge you.

And now, finally, *we* have returned.
=====
You, were decieved. And now your republic, shall fall.

From a present, looking back view from there, my thought:
The emperor kept Revan and Exile's factions "on a treadmill", so to speak. To deceptively pit his own military against the factions of Revan and Exile which he also orchestrated; neither their sides, nor his own, aware of the greater scheme while in play, though mindful of eventualities that could arise. To have his military "prepare" for 300 years by fighting the best the republic could forge, permanently entrapped until their doom. All the while keeping an eye on the Republic.

Sinister and cunning...

They prepared:
His own military, the majority legitimately believing for the time being that they were under attack. Eventually only to see that war conclude and see it was all a part of the ancient master's plan.

They grew stronger:
With victory, as well as vision and revelation by their master to assure them, they grew in numbers, and their resolve at its strongest.

They Returned:
A complacent and dysfunctional Republic at a low point is the ideal time. They saw the opening and went for it.

What do you think?
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,