Thread: Dragon Age
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #103
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmenides View Post
Weren't they doing something that would reward people who actually bought the game and discourage piracy?
I think they are giving away the extra party member Shale DLC for free when you sign up to the new community website they are making for the game. I don't think it was ever intended as an anti-piracy measure as such, more just a carrot to help build a community.

EDIT: Ah, here we go -

"Shale was believed to be a companion who was cut from the game. However, it has since been revealed that Shale will be available to all players who download "The Stone Prisoner", a piece of Downloadable Content. "The Stone Prisoner" will be free for all players who purchase the game new, otherwise it will cost US$15."

From what I can see, looks like you get a code in the box to unlock it. Apparently you also get for free in all new versions of the game a code to unlock the Blood Dragon armour in both DA and ME2. I guess you could think of it as a possible anti-piracy measure, but sounds to me more like an anti-used game measure. I recall EA was getting a bit hot under the collar about that last year.

I think the community incentive free download I referred to above is some sort of item - a bracelet or some such. Similar to one of the pre-order bonus items.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 10-08-2009 at 11:10 AM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: