View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 06:01 AM   #34
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Q View Post
Or both Evil and Hell are necessary for some reason.
Such as?

"Necessary" in what way? You mean to argue that an all-powerful god is simply "playing by the rules"? Whose rules would those be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockhead View Post
I put forward a simple test, the one about dealing with someone who was a problem on the forums.
The analogy was poor then and it's poor now. You were invited to provide a better one and opted not to. That certainly isn't my problem.

Quote:
And I could get involved in an epic flame war over the topic of religion against someone who going by their history here has years of experience making anyone who disagrees with them look like fools.
I certainly cannot take credit for the indefensible positions of others.

Speaking of...

Quote:
Anywho, if you've read back far enough, you'll know that Achilles does this from time to time in order to hook some naive and unfortunate believer so that he can reel them in, trap them and grind them into dust with his logic, which makes absolutely no sense, given that this is a subject with an illogical answer.
"naive and unfortunate believer". A lot of people post here. None of them seem either able or willing to provide solid argumentation for their positions. By your own description, are they all "naive and unfortunate believers"?

And hopefully you saw this coming:

"a subject with an illogical answer". If you're conceding that there is no logical argument for god, then why are you here? Spam?

That's a no-no too isn't it?

Quote:
Now, I'll leave to your imagination what exactly this accomplishes.
Perhaps nothing. Or perhaps from time to time I say or present something that causes someone to 2nd guess a position they've always held but never questioned. Maybe that person eventually gives up their crutch and the world becomes a better place for it. Or maybe my efforts are nothing more than a means for you to increase your post count. I suppose we may never know for sure.

Regardless, at least I can tell myself that I do something potentially constructive with my time here. Much the same way I imagine you get a feeling of accomplishment in the tech forums.

Quote:
I kind of figured you were, but on a serious topic, I'm of the belief that anyone who says god cannot exist if there is hell, for example, well that's just their opinion.
You're welcome to point out where anyone (other than you) suggested this. I can point out twice where I've clearly not.

Quote:
I really cannot be bothered to get a fly up my nose about it. I also think anyone who looks to go on a crusade will only destroy themselves...what a waste of logic for someone to do that to themselves.
Ok, so you'll be on your way now? Toodles.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,