View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #22
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn View Post
People have died from vaccinations. Google it, there are too many sources.
Yes, one or two out of several million who have taken them. Some lied about their health when given the vaccination. Also, don't lump "vaccinations" into one big category. You cannot say that vaccinating someone for smallpox is the same as vaccinating someone for the flu. As well you cannot lump poorly done vaccinations in dirty hospitals in the middle of the Congo with vaccinations done in western states with high health standards.

Quote:
I think the responsible thing of healthy, young to middle-aged adults is to ignore any and all vaccinations. Then again, I only take ibuprofen or acetaminophen when I am doubled over in pain. I only go to the doctor for a cold when I am thinking, "well, this actually might kill me."
No, because what that will do is make Young Adult A get "The Horrible Disease" and if they live, become immune to it. However, now they can carry it without getting sick. Meaning Person B who has never been exposed to it will get sick, and probably die. Not getting vaccinations leads to epidemics in cultures that have vaccinations. Additionally, you risk spreading not just simple diseases like the flu, but serious, lethal diseases that WILL kill. Not might, not may, but WILL. You risk another pandemic on the scale of the Black Plague if you think everyone should be going "commando" about it.

Quote:
Why? Because I am old-fashioned, and because I have serious reservations about modern medicine and chemical dependency, weakened natural immunities due to excessive consumption of antibiotics, and am generally not affluent enough to throw money at an illness when time will take care of it.
"Old Fashioned" medicine saved your "modern" butt. Sorry to be blunt, but don't act like "modern medicine" is something that has been invented in the last 30 years, and it's the downfall of mankind. Vaccinations have been going on for over a hundred years, if often poorly and fairly slipshod. Yes, ANYTHING in excess is bad, killing 99.9% of germs is bad when you expose children to more bleach than bacteria. But getting vaccinated kills or injues only a very very tiny fraction of people. FAR less than would die without it.

Quote:
For the very young or the very old, I think it is something that deserves consideration. For the chronically ill, I have reservations (as I think that overmedication has contributed to your condition) yet still think it could be a reasonable course of action. For the healthy 37 year olds like me, tough it out.
Yes, because of course, the deterioration of the brain due to a genetic condition documented to have existed well before "modern medicine" is caused by "over medication". There are lots of people who follow your line of thought, but you don't hear about them because they stay healthy. The fact that they carry a debilitating genetic condition that will cause the body to turn into pudding in the last years of their life is not the result of them popping prozac every day.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,