View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #15
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
@Christians: You probably believe its the latter, and that there is no former, to which i say you're right. Throughout history God has countered depravity with stronger movements of His own (such as the old Revivals in America, for example) But isn't it curious that nothing has been done so far? Most actions in history were taken before it ever got to the stage that it is now...
I find it curious that God would decide to act against sex in the media with "divine intervention", yet he wouldn't intervene to stop the Crusades (perpetrated in his name from a Christian PoV) or the Holocaust for example.

A "Revival" is not a counter to "spiritual depravity", if it was, why did Nazi Germany one of the most evil regime's in the history of the world not experience a revival? Why has Saudi Arabia not experienced a revival given the horrors there? As such I cannot think a Revival is God's counter to "spiritual depravity" rather, to Quote Wiki; "Christian revival is a term that generally refers to a specific period of increased spiritual interest or renewal in the life of a church congregation or many churches, either regionally or globally." If you believe in such revivals, I would not make arrogant assumptions, based on incomplete data as to what motivates God!

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,