View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 AM   #19
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan7
I find it curious that God would decide to act against sex in the media with "divine intervention", yet he wouldn't intervene to stop the Crusades (perpetrated in his name from a Christian PoV) or the Holocaust for example.

A "Revival" is not a counter to "spiritual depravity", if it was, why did Nazi Germany one of the most evil regime's in the history of the world not experience a revival? Why has Saudi Arabia not experienced a revival given the horrors there? As such I cannot think a Revival is God's counter to "spiritual depravity" rather, to Quote Wiki; "Christian revival is a term that generally refers to a specific period of increased spiritual interest or renewal in the life of a church congregation or many churches, either regionally or globally." If you believe in such revivals, I would not make arrogant assumptions, based on incomplete data as to what motivates God!
hmm, my post seems to have conveyed an unintended message... i am actually challenging the revival notion, not asserting it.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may: quote & reply,