View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #183
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
Indeed. It really needs a few options like "don't nuke entire party to death", "don't run into the middle of a grease fire", "don't run past a bunch of enemies to get to other enemies further away, thus aggro-ing half the map at once" etc. A more varied list of default setups would be nice as well. I'm hoping we'll see a mod that address some of the system's failings in the future, along the lines of AI script mods that have been made for previous Bioware games. As it stands, you really have to micromanage everything for every party member, which gets pretty tedious with no queue to stack orders.

My first playthrough was as a dwarf noble warrior. Just started a second playthrough as a mage. I have to say I found the mage origin to be fairly lacklustre. I did spot an NPC that you run into in a later quest though, so that will be interesting to see how it plays out this time around.

As far as integration of the origins into the main plot, don't expect too much. You get a couple of nods here and there with a custom line or two of dialogue, but nothing extensive.

I remember playing The Hobbit text-based game at the local library on (I think) an Apple IIe more than 20 years ago. I killed Thorin with a karate chop to the back of the neck.
I hate when they run out of the grease then run back into it after it's on fire

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: