View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #38
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
<snip> Jesus said to love our enemies, and to be honest I think the kind of personthat would go and indiscriminately fire on innocent individuals who are also colleagues and friends is actually in need of more prayer than the victims; in the sense that he is a lot further from God than any of them. <snip>
While I would basically agree, I'd hope that "forgiveness" doesn't mean that we just simply let Hasan off easy (or scott free for that matter) for his crimes. Kindness should not be weakness. "Forgiveness but not without a price still to pay" or so the saying went.

Quote:
That said, I confess, I am not a fan of Islam, but I think this the most complex of matters which is far too often simplified and stereotyped. I think we would do well to remember that the Islamic terrorists, have killed far more of their "fellow Muslims" than they have Westerners.
All the more reason to be skeptical*?
(*: That of being harshly fair and not slanted one way or the other)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Personally I believe extremist are the problem, no matter if they are Muslim, Christian or any other religion.
IIRC an imam from the shooter's own mosque who knew him personally was dumbfounded, or so he seemed on the phone live to one of those news organizations reporting on this. Members of his own family were shocked. So whatever it was, it was his (the shooter's) own hangup.

Quote:
there will be time to blame in the future.
At that point we shall see, then, if all the evidence reportedly left in his wake were warning signs.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,