Old 11-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #197
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I haven't played any Baldur's Gate <snip>
You should. BG1 isn't that great, but I still found it fun and there are mods available that make up for it's worst shortcomings (like the interface). It's best to think of it as a prequel to the main event. BG2 is nothing short of the best game that BioWare has ever produced by a significant margin. The combat is both tough and thrilling and the spellcasting system (sequencers FTW) is incredible. The graphics are of the type that really don't age (like PS:T; same engine) and the story isn't bad, either.

As a whole, these two games and their expansions combine to make an awesome super-game as you take your PC from Level 1 weakling to Level 30+ demigod. It's just so much fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
To be sure, there is a dose of nostalgia factored into that, but I still dig BG2 out a couple of times a year for another run through.
Same here.

And as far as having to micromanage your party in combat, well, that's nothing new to me. Not micromanaging was a good way to get your entire party wiped out in BG/BG2.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: