Thread: Seperated
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 03:13 AM   #2
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
To be honest, with the way your woman overreacted with the whole craigslist thing--I sort of saw this one coming. But no matter. That is a tough break and I'm sorry you have to put up with this.

There is a law (I think) or something to the effect of "He who acts as the father is boud to be the father". In other words, though I do not know which law this is, I do believe you have an arguable case in that you have been acting in good faith as a father. You'd have to be WILLING to argue *thoroughly* your case, however. You can almost certainly count on her trying to use that AGAINST you to get child support or alimony if she decides to leave you. She doesn't sound like a very genuine person at all--in fact almost sounds like she uses her depression/bi-polar as a crude tool to get what she wants and not have to face anyone or any issue. I have no idea how conniving she is, though.

Do some investigation--you'll be glad you did. I'm serious, this is beginning to look like a repeating trend. Do not get slack and ignore it.

Go with your instincts. If you are beginning to doubt her, now is the time to separate yourself from your attachment to her and prove you love basically what is your daughter.

Bill might be rather crude but he will be a straight shooter with you on the REALITY of situations from a legal standpoint as to whether or not you have a case. Bill Handel:
http://www.handelonthelaw.com/home/default.aspx

Last edited by Darth Avlectus; 11-15-2009 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Site
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,