View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
3) The Sith are not innately evil for being Sith! Indeed, the Sith ideology makes far more sense than that of the Jedi in that it is far more practical. As shown in TSL and BOSSR, there are only two flaws: random cruelty and betrayal. Remove that and the Sith are the good guys.
I'm sure the average North Korean would totally agree that totalitarian regimes are infinitely superior to democracy :| quite how practicality wins over as being better, than millions not suffering needless fear, pain and death I don't know - however I'm sure Stalin very much had your approach as he sent millions to the gulags to die as he "reformed" Russia.

I don't see why you wish to cast the Sith as "good guys" when they are patently self serving and their only desire is increase their own power; they think inwardly and only of themselves. Love is the most powerful force in the universe, always has been always will be; since a Sith is by definition incapable of love, I don't see how they can possibly be "good". Note how Vader ceased to be a Sith when is love for his son over-came him having to obey his Master as reference to the power of love within the SW universe.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,