View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #18
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
I am beyond annoyed for the following reasons:

1) Revan is a not a villain! He is a tragic hero and living proof that one can rise beyond the LS-DS system, proving that is arbitrary and inaccurate.

2) The Jedi were not right! They were wrong about the Mandalorian Wars! They were also a bunch of self-important, hypocritical, discriminatory jerks. Validating the Jedi view of the Revanchists makes no sense.

3) The Sith are not innately evil for being Sith! Indeed, the Sith ideology makes far more sense than that of the Jedi in that it is far more practical. As shown in TSL and BOSSR, there are only two flaws: random cruelty and betrayal. Remove that and the Sith are the good guys.

I could list other things, but those three are pretty high up on my list. TOR is now going to throw us back to the land of fail (or should I say The Force Unleashed?) where being a self-important, discriminatory, hypocritical jerks is somehow desirable and justice is killing guys with red lightsabers and black cloaks simply because of said appearance.
But these reasons are one set of "expected" opinions of the events in TSL. But not the facts, per se. The events can and were intended to be viewed in multiple ways. But keep in mind that traditionally SW is a mythical story with good and evil characters. The Jedi are intended to be good and the Sith evil. I'm just saying that being annoyed that things don't align perfectly with your set of opinions doesn't really make the story writers wrong in that sense.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,