Old 12-12-2009, 01:11 AM   #288
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG View Post
OK, installed today and it wont run. VtMB. I get this error:

It loaded fine and i get the start screen but when i select play.....black screen and no go.

from reading the many many other post about this on the net, i believe i have too much RAM, i have 3GB. Is there any way around this? I am using an AMD 3400 2.6 ghz system, with FX 7600GT card, XP Pro, i did the 1.2 patch and then the 6.6 basic.. but no joy. Any fix for this?

=========================================

UPDATE: Got it running!

I was able to get the game to run. thanks for the posts everyone.

I copied all the dll files in the BIN directory in the game install to the main directory esp the MS32.dll. I also was able to restore the main vampire.dll in the Vampire/dll folder and made sure that the python entry was correct in the registry. Now it runs fine. I stared wtih just the 1.2 official patch and ran it thru the intro movie to the tutorial section and the first bite. Then i installed the unofficial 6.6. patch and it seems to be running fine. There are some console errors but i guess i will wait to see what they mean...or if they impede play.

I put the fix files into a fix pack which is here: VtMP Fix Pack

There were over 200 entries in Google for the same error and lots of people having trouble with this, so i was glad to be able to figure it out. I am not sure yet if those console errors that showed up on start up will hurt anything but i will watch carefully.

I am assuming that console comands need to be re entered each session.
I'm not sure, but I think those errors are the same ones I get. They don't impede play as far as I've seen.

Though for the console commands, they will stay active on the save you entered them on, such as if you begin a playthrough and active either the "god" cheat or the "Buddha" cheat, you' wouldn't die at any point on that save, though for other saves, it won't affect them. For some cheats, such as money, you can add that to your autoexec file, located in "[main-bloodlines directory]/vampire/cfg", by just adding "money [number, usually not more than 1.20]".

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,