View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #33
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Never mind, I am not even bothering to respond at all. It's pointless because now with the direction of TOR the Sith are being rewritten completely into villains.
Maybe that's because the Sith are villains? Your entire view of the sith is based off your own interpretation, and then you seem to "sulk" when Cannon, no less disagree's with you.

Quote:
And frankly, TKA, I am especially not going to get into another debate with you because the material of that last post can be summarized as, "No, you're wrong!" I am perfectly capable of going through the list of every character in Star Wars and making a legitimate claim that they are not necessarily what they are made out to be on the surface hype.
Then, why not respond to his point? He's taken the time to present his case, why don't you present yours?

Quote:
In fact, I am done with debating anything Star Wars at this point. There is no reason to debate the morality of this story any more because it has been simplified to the point of mere childishness. "The Sith MUST be evil, the Jedi MUST be good." That's what I was protesting, but frankly there's no point because that's all we are headed towards.
Perhaps the fact the whole majority of us are in agreement should tell you something? Give us a single Sith apart from "Revan" who wasn't evil!

Produce for us 1 other Sith (apart from "your" Revan) who isn't evil, and you may have a point. It's a bit like saying a member of the SS isn't "evil" - can you produce a member of the SS who isn't evil?

Quote:
I will post one more reply though:

Okay, so I have a sort of amateur interest in philosophy myself, so somehow this remark speaks to me as: "In real life I am an expert philosopher so there!" I was not lecturing you at all, I really don't understand why you think that. Obviously me debating in any of these circles is just not worth my time and will be treated as some sort of hostile or ignorant act.
Do you ever consider that perhaps the way you come across in posts comes across as entirely condescending, and that you know much more than everyone else? Perhaps that's why I maybe somewhat irked when people start lecturing me on Philosophy?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,