View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #15
jolly28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Darkus View Post
I bought the German version about two weeks ago and I think it's overall a nice game. I don't even mind playing it with keyboard and mouse although a gamepad would make combos easier to pull off I guess. What I don't like are the requirements. I got Resident Evil 5 in August wich has kind of equal visual quality I'd say, and there isn't the slightest problem with it. TFU crashes about one time per hour and playing with characters like Vader or Fisto is slowing the game down (probably 'cause of the capes and robes). Oh I play it on a Core to Dual (2x 3.2 Ghz) with 2 gigs of RAM and a GeForce 8600 GT. My soundcard is onboard wich is a problem too (not only in this game). So I kind of have the minimum requirements and overall runs pretty good and even looks ok at 800x600 (RE 5 is playable for me at 1400x900 btw). So if I let the crashes and sound problems out of sight: It's a nice game but it could have used some more time to get rid of the problems.
Have you installed the patch for it? And if so, do you have the High Detail ticked? In your case I would try having it unticked to use Low Detail to see how it fares, unless you're doing that already. 2GB RAM with the 8600 GT should be fine, though I've always felt that 2GB for games like this (despite the GPU) is never enough...especially on Vista. They should quote 3GB RAM minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
You guys should submit yours!
Already have

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....2&postcount=25

Another thing I'll add, Darth Maul's expressions are spot on in this, on the PS3 I couldn't really see any motion expression. Also, Anakin Skywalker looks EXACTLY like Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) from Episode III.

Display Unit
Philips 37" 37PFL9604H LCD

PC System
Antec 900 Gaming Case
w/ Antec Big-Boy 200 Top Fan + 3x TriCool 120mm TriColor Fans
Jeantech Artic 600W PSU
ASUS P5QL-E Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16ghz CPU
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB GPU
Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 800mhz 4GB Memory RAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1TB HD
Sony BDU-X10S Blu-Ray Drive
NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller
Vista Home Premium x64

Other Gaming Systems
The Wii
Sony PS3 40GB Model w/ 250GB HD Storage

Last edited by jolly28; 12-13-2009 at 11:03 AM.
jolly28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,