Thread: Dragon Age
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #335
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Loved some parts of the game design, the locations and the landscapes but way too tracked and controlled for my taste and i got totally bored with fighting countless identical foes... and the spiders, yuck. I put the game back in the box and will give the game overall a B minus as a grade. Too bad as i had hopes for this, but really it just does not engage or draw one in enough when one has read really good epic tales or played better RPGs. I hope Mass Effect 2 will be better. Too many aspects of the Dragon Age story just dont make sense, like what the Dragons are about, and how they relate in any way to the hordes of blood spawn, or how this world got attacked by these evil things at all. And too much unexplained treachery used as plot motifs, a weak tool at best. Makes one not trust anyone. And the character models are way too similar, basically one handsome bearded man and one rather ugly woman. Not enough variety in them to make sense either. If one looks carefully and knows 3D figure modeling, you can see they used only a few basic protypes and that gets old fast.

I was impressed by the use of vids and the way they can talor them for the plot direction and the party you have. But, that is not enough ot make this anymore than a game of some large scrpted areas used over and over...and a rather boring plot and parts taken from Oblivion, The Lord of the Rings and many other tales.

This all is, i hasten to add, just my opinion, ....and yours may differ. I just dont enjoy having to slog thru on going violence over and over and over with no real relief or freedom to make the world worth exploring or caring about.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: