Thread: Dragon Age
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #338
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mur'phon View Post
Of course some things aren't exactly great, like the story so far and the screwed influence system. Example: in my game: Morrigan and Dog at around 100, Sten close behind, and Wynne, Leliana and Allistar at around 50, and Zhevran only at around 20 despite me acting very, eh, pragmatic.
Actually, I liked the way the influence system works. The key is understanding your companions' personalities. Dog will always be 100%. Morrigan and Sten are the pragmatic ones with little conscience. While not "evil" exactly, they tend to not like it if you go out of your way to help someone or even act too friendly with certain NPCs. Though if they think someone or something might be helpful, they have no problems with you using that item or person. Sten in particular dislikes weakness. Morrigan is more likely to just think helping someone is a waste of time and beneath you.

Wynne, Leliana and Alistair are you basic "good guys."

Zevran is the hardest to read. It seems he would be the most pragmatic, but really, he just doesn't care. (Which, if you think about it, is more pragmatic that Sten or Morrigan.) Zevran might act the most pragmatic, but that's how he has learned to get by. If you are a heartless killer or an angel in disguise, it doesn't affect him, so he doesn't care. What he does care about is how you treat him. If you are kind and understanding when you talk to him, he'll like you. If you shower him with gifts he'll like you. If you are rude to him, he won't like you. Everything else doesn't matter to him.

Side note of Dog and gifts:
spoiler:
Dog is always 100%, so it would seem gifts are useless for him. But they do have an apparent purpose. While it's hard to know for sure, it seems like giving him a gift then sending him to find anything interesting will net you a better reward than just sending him out without a recent gift.

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: