Thread: Family
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Sure, many do, but they may not have the same advantages they might have had in a 2-parent household.
So a two parent household is better than a two parent household with a grandparent or two? If a two parent household is so good, wouldn't a three or four guardian household even be better.

Also does this “2-parent” household have to be the biological mother and father?

I am under the opinion that it is more important as to who the parent/parents are and how the care for the child and less to do with the number of parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
No family is perfect, but the traditional nuclear model at its best appears to work in a superior way to other family models at their best.
I disagree. I believe the extended family model is superior. Then again, it is my belief that it is the parent/parents that can make any model superior. Just having and staying married to a woman would not make me a good parent. It is the effort the parent puts in to his/her children that makes for a superior family, not the numbers.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,