View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #20
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir View Post
I understand, it's a complicated contention I've made: the connection between "religious" and "right" in the term "religious right" is a bipartisan conjuration.
What is a 'bipartisan conjuration'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir
All I'm saying is it's far too socially acceptable to hold religious institutions responsible for the hollow claims of what anyone here would recognise are nothing more than salesmen.
That's not what the OP is asking for, however.

Quote:
As with Arabic terrorists, you're talking about a very small demographic of extremists and sociopaths and just because they like to use self justified terms, you go ahead and let them lead you by the nose to claim greater institutional responsibility for their poor intentions.
I don't believe the OP was asking about this, either.

Quote:
Everyone wants to replace daddy.
I have no clue where you're going with this one.

Quote:
There is no church attempting to take over the United States government, ya silly little conspiracy theorists.
No one asserted this, nor did anyone claim a conspiracy, unless I missed something in a recent post.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,