View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #66
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
As we've pointed out time and time again, Galen being alive is extremely problematic and will be tough, if not impossible, to explain without being completely cheesy and cheap.
Quote:
I see it like this: they're going to have a sequel to a game where the main character quite plainly died at the end, so the premise is going to be awful by default. The damage has been done just by bringing him back, so just leave it at that. Don't make it even worse with some far-fetched explanation.
So if an explanation of Starkiller using the Force to fool the Sith that he was dead, then they go dump the body and he wakes up and finds a way to escape the Death Star would be considered cheesy?

In fact, I wouldn't mind it being the first level you play, escaping the Death Star.

I think if they start the game where it ended would work. Show Starkiller supposedly dying and the dialogue between Sidious and Vader, but then add something new to extend it after they discuss how Starkiller is more powerful than ever because of his sacrifice and how the Rebellion they created will be their undoing. Like Sidious ordering Starkiller's body to be disposed of being shown instead of it cutting out like it did in the first game. As soon as it gets to a certain point, Starkiller wakes up and you begin your first level.

I just thought of a way where it can work without it being impossible too.

Quote:
Yes, people will whine, but people will whine regardless.
I can tell you right now that people would whine a lot more with your idea than a cheesy way to bring Starkiller back. The reviews from GameSpot, IGN, etc, would crucify it to no ends; saying something how LucasArts isn't creative enough to think of what to do, so they left it up to us sort of thing. That would be the worse thing they could do for the game.

Quote:
And don't even get me started on that clone garbage.
I agree with the clone thing being stupid and after evaluating it for a bit, I pretty much debunked it enough to know it won't happen.

Quote:
All you need is "Galen Marek lives because strong with the Force." That's it. The game's plot is doomed to be cheesy no matter how you tackle this problem.
Well, that is where I totally disagree with you.

Look, I do realize that just because I can come up with an explanation that isn't cheesy, doesn't mean LucasArts won't. I'm well aware of it.

But saying that no matter what you do it will be stupid and it's hopeless to make it good is very narrow-minded.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,