Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #198
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan Farlander View Post
You know what might be a fun idea?

Let's play some X-Wing. I mean, this is the X-Wing Series forum, yes? We should probably be playing some X-Wing at some point. We could go through all the games as a community, or maybe just one to start. We'd all play the same missions at the same time, and then compare our scores, objectives complete, strategies, and stories from the missions. Since people are busy, we'd keep in light - only a few missions a week. That way, anyone who could spare an hour a week could join in.

I've seen this work on other gaming websites, but it's only fun if there's enough people participating, at least three. And now it's a question of whether people still have the games and machines capable of running them.

So, who's interested? I'm not proposing we start this up right now, at least for a few weeks. I'm just gauging interest.
When I get back, that might be something I'd be interested in trying.

Problem is, my gaming machine is currently on mothballs. It will need a rebuild/ reformat to get capable of running 3-D games again.

The comp I'm typing this on is an old budget office machine... no vid or sound accelerators.

So: Once I return, I can spend a day or so getting the old comp up-and-running well enough to install the games again, and we can give it a shot. I still have all the CDs: X-Wing and Tie-Fighter 95; XWvTF and BoP; XWA.

I can't even begin to imagine how horribly rusty I will be at this point. And hopefully my flightsticks still actually work...

Still: Sounds exciting!

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: