Old 01-29-2010, 08:43 AM   #16
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Reproduction is a basic human right.
As long as a couple or person is capable of supporting the children, I agree that they should be allowed to have as many as they want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Advocating mandatory birth control is draconian.
I'm not advocating mandatory birth control. People would still have a choice: having more kids or continuing to receive their free lunch. This will prevent certain types (including illegal aliens) from popping out more kids just to receive more aid. This would also have the additional benefit of discouraging the proliferation of a demographic that makes its living by leeching off of society. People who already have more than one kid and happen to fall on hard times would be exempted, of course, but in the same way they would also be discouraged from having any more kids until they got back on their feet, lest they lose government support. The only thing that would be forced on people would be the choice between living responsibly and receiving benefits or living irresponsibly and receiving none. It sure beats Ginsburg's solution, mass abortion, and it would be far cheaper to boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
There are a lot of strict Catholics in the town I live in, and this would be a violation of their religious beliefs.
Like I said: no it wouldn't, because there would be nothing mandatory about it.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 01-29-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,