View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #44
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5 View Post
Y'know, considering that TSL was an unfinished and badly-enacted retcon of KotOR in the first place, I'm not feeling any outrage at TOR at all.

Retcon #1 (and the most egregious, in my opinion) was the (Krea's) claim that the Jedi Council wiped Darth Revan's memories and then gave him a new identity loyal to the Republic, but all statements concerning this in KotOR stated simply that the Jedi Council couldn't RESTORE Revan's personality "since Revan was too dangerous"; to me this implies that Revan's loss of memory was more due to cerebral damage that the turbolaser explosion on the bridge inflicted by Malak's attack before Bastilla saved Revan's life.
I agree that it's a contradiction, It also changes the magnitude of what the Jedi Masters did.
Either they were just taking advantage of an opportunity that presented itself or they completely mind raped Revan. The latter I find to be questionable ethics on the Jedi Council's part.
Regardless this was established before TSL was released so blame Lucasarts/Lucas Licensing for that.
Quote:
Add to this the (completely fanon) idea that Krea is Arren Kae (and thus the Handmaiden's mommy), the near-ineffectiveness of the Exile (who can't seem to make a lightsaber without an engineer on hand, or even WITH one if the previous ten years is accounted for), and the Fixer-Sue characters that continually save the day, I'd say let TSL die a slow death.
There's nothing fanon about it. There's plenty of evidence in the game to support it. Even Chris Avellone has alluded to it. Again Lucasarts/Lucas Licensing has final say on the matter and they have yet to reveal anything on Kreia's backstory.
The lighsaber quest is only game-play mechanics to try to balance the game. That's why they make you wait to build a lightsaber. Also the PC had no reason to have a lightsaber while exiled.
Quote:
The only reason I still play it is that my newer quad-core processor PC has no problem running the TSL software, while KotOR itself crashes every fifteen seconds or so (still haven't gotten off the Endar Spire on this new rig, and I might not ever.)
If it wasn't for the Ultimate Saber Mod, I'd have retired TSL a year ago, and stuck to Jedi Academy.
Maybe you should look into playing a different game instead of enduring such punishment.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,