View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #47
Ghost

Current Game: NBA 2k11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5
Y'know, considering that TSL was an unfinished and badly-enacted retcon of KotOR in the first place
True it was unfinished, but that does not mean it was bad. Sure it could have been better, but I really don't see how it is as bad as you think

Quote:
Retcon #1 (and the most egregious, in my opinion) was the (Krea's) claim that the Jedi Council wiped Darth Revan's memories and then gave him a new identity loyal to the Republic, but all statements concerning this in KotOR stated simply that the Jedi Council couldn't RESTORE Revan's personality "since Revan was too dangerous"; to me this implies that Revan's loss of memory was more due to cerebral damage that the turbolaser explosion on the bridge inflicted by Malak's attack before Bastilla saved Revan's life.
If you played Kotor, then you would know that they hinted that they wiped his memory and gave him a pet one. Remember in Revelations? I do know that Revan did take a serious blow during that attack, but it never really did any permanent damage, as TSL states when Revan remembers the Unknown Threat

Quote:
Add to this the (completely fanon) idea that Krea is Arren Kae (and thus the Handmaiden's mommy)
It is not confirmed that Kreia is Kae, but there is plenty of evidence. On youtube plenty of videos sum up dialogue which lead to that Kreia could possibly be Kae. But there is no true conclusion

Quote:
, the near-ineffectiveness of the Exile (who can't seem to make a lightsaber without an engineer on hand, or even WITH one if the previous ten years is accounted for)
Do you even know what Exile mean's? Look it up. The Exile was no longer a jedi, and thus had no worthiness of keeping jedi items. I highly doubt the Exile would care for a lightsaber right after she was exiled. Plus, 10 years is a long time. The Exile probably wanted to forget entirely about the Jedi due to their arrogance and fear. That would probably also explain why she also forgot how to construct a lightsaber.

Quote:
, and the Fixer-Sue characters that continually save the day
What's so wrong with that? The NPCs are pretty much actually what inspired the Exile to continue. And, to tell you the truth, TSL is not the "defeat the evil sith and save the day" type game. It is pretty much a knowledgeable darker plot which makes sense.

Quote:
I'd say let TSL die a slow death.
Well, its TSL which inspired people to mod Kotor in the 1st place. There was so much cut content that people wanted to restore it. TSL is the mark which keep the community alive. So, right now it is coming back, thanks to TSLRCM

I personally like TSL because it is dark. More suited for the older age group. You need to really listen in the game to understand.
Ghost is offline   you may: quote & reply,