View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #50
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
What happened to Revan's mind wasn't changed. His brain got ****ed up when Malak betrayed him (having a landmine go off under your feet can do that to ya). If Kreia does indeed say that the Jedi Council mind-wiped Revan (I don't recall when or where she ever says this in the game. As far as I know, she hardly at all talks about what happens to him between his capture and Malak's Death), then the obvious explanation is that either she's making an assumption (since she sure as hell wasn't present for any of those events) or ignoring the facts because she's a Revan fangirl. Regardless of whether Kreia believes she's telling the truth about this matter (again, assuming that she says anything about it at all), the fact of the matter is that it's the word of Kreia, who was not there, against the word of Bastila and the other Jedi, who were there.
It all depends how damaged his mind was. Bastila says it was too damaged to fully restore his memories but we know that eventually he does regain them.
Was it programed to fill in what was missing(blank slate) or was it reprogramed to suppress the "Darth Revan" persona?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastila's SW Databank entry
Bastila was instrumental in the last great Republic riposte against Darth Malak and Darth Revan, splitting the pair and conquering one of the Sith Lords. The Jedi Council had learned sketchy details about the Sith plot involving the Star Forge, but needed more information in order to stop it. They crafted a devious and controversial plan into which Bastila Shan figured prominently.

The captive Revan underwent a memory wipe, and was given a new identity. This new persona was paired with Bastila Shan in the search for Darth Malak and the Star Forge
. Bastila kept a wary eye on Revan, always alert at signs of the dark side. Such an awareness opened her to the dark side more than she intended. The quest for the Star Forge, which spanned worlds, kept Revan and Bastila working side-by-side, and thrust Bastila into difficult and challenging roles as a Jedi.
Emphasis mine.
Source.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,