View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
But back to the point about what "roles" accurately described movie characters...
Mace was undeniably a knight, Obi-Wan may have had the attitude of a consular but had the skill of a knight so in his own way a sentinel. Yoda I'd say much the same b/c in AOTC he is regarded as a great swordsman as his dueling skills could outdo Dooku and (A Younger) Windu.

Anakin Skywalker, well, mostly a knight but not shy to use his powers where he could not beat his opponents with his blade.

I dunno. Categorizing like this can often times be more of a limitation, a label.
I agree with all of this. I'm not sure how I feel about creating boundaries between the different Jedi. My main question was why they changed the "Guardian" title to "Knight". I think it confuses the issue even more.

In my mind, a Jedi Knight is not any type of Jedi at all, just a graduated Padawan. If then we decide to classify the Jedi Knights, I believe the titles "Consular", "Guardian", and "Sentinel" are somewhat appropriate, but they should all be Jedi Knights.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,