View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:44 AM   #50
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II View Post
That's your opinion, not all people are what you say they are, in fact most I find are okay.
Sure they are; to your face. If I recall correctly, people with Asperger's have a hard time reading body language, putting them at a severe disadvantage when determining another's intent. I think they call it "mind blindness", and it makes people with Asperger's very easy to dupe. I could be mistaken about this particular symptom, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II
As the wise man says "Don't judge people before you meet em" .
Whatever. I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon-Mk II
So pretty much life is not a down in the dumps as you say it is, life is a wonderful experience, no matter what brings you down
Huh? What are you talking about? You're clearly misunderstanding me, here. I'm not being negative; I'm being realistic.

If you don't believe me, then go ahead and broadcast how "smart" you are. You'll learn eventually that people don't appreciate it and will make a fun game out of proving you wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Rider View Post
IMO, autism is overdiagnosed, and has in many ways become the next "fad" disorder. There's a "burden complex" among a lot of parents who think having a "special needs" child makes them oh-so holier than thou. Which only puts more pressure on reasonable doctors to misdiagnose kids in order to make a living. It's all just disgusting.

Of course, the kids who lord their mild autism or aspergers over others like they're superior humans piss me off to no end. People need to stop being so obsessed with being such special little snowflakes.
I agree. When it comes to physiological problems, a diagnosis can be definitively proven or dis-proven. Not so with things psychological, which is why, after 25 years in and out of "treatment", I've come to believe that the "mental health profession" is 10% medicine and 90% fraud.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 02-10-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,