View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #75
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
This whole secret Sith Empire was legitimately retarded from the beginning, but Revan being in on it is even moreso. If they want to try to weave every story into one overarching cliché, they're free to do so, but there is honestly no chance I will buy this game. Revan was not the sort of person who would defy the Jedi Council just to find someone new to bow to. The guy went with his gut and didn't like to be told what to do.
We have only Kreia's inflated opinion of her star pupil to base this on. Revan got no legitimate character development whatsoever in TSL. Furthermore, I'm neither very surprised nor displeased by this "new development".

That Revan became a Sith as a direct result of running into the Sith in the Unknown Regions is a concept that tons of people already believed anyway. Besides, it takes Revan's awesomeness down a few notches in the best way possible - I guess he wasn't completely true to himself all along, after all (if the idea's that distasteful then you can just say he began his own agenda after being sent back to known space by the Sith, anyway, so nothing is actually lost). TOR may be ****ing up previously established canon, but at least it's not being discriminatory about it; the rain falls on the just and on the unjust, as they say.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,