View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #44
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, I was just going to say, "Uh, I hate to break it to you, but more than one hundred Jedi survived the Purge, and many joined Luke's New Jedi Order," but I see you're already aware of what happens in the EU (which TFU is a part of, mind you). The truth be told, I don't like this, either. I mean, this was happening as far back as the early '90s, when all that existed was the original Trilogy. I mean, hello! Did you guys not take note of Obi-Wan's and Yoda's lines (looking primarily at you, Tom Veich)? But unfortunately, it's happened, it's here, and we have to live with it.

As such, my theory is that Obi-Wan and Yoda had a very particular view of what a Jedi was. To them, a true Jedi was not one who abandoned the Order and went away to hide with no intention of preserving or resurrecting it. That was the way of a coward. Obi-Wan and Yoda perhaps considered those Jedi fallen, while they themselves alone possessed the will to keep the Order going through their training of Luke, and to see it thrive again once he "passed on what he had learned."

It's one of those "certain points of view," I guess. Like I said, I don't like it and I wish Luke truly was the one remaining Jedi in the galaxy; but still, we have to deal with what we're given. Besides, these little technicalities makes it feel a bit more like a legend set within real history (like the fact that there were already Hebrew tribes living within Canaan before the Israelites arrived).

And, as I said before, there are no more Sith! The EU, while pushing it to the limit, has actually been very good about preserving the Rule of Two, at least in the most technical sense imaginable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,