View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #85
Knight Of Honor
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Foley View Post
Well, I never really saw Malak that way to begin with. I mean, if Revan the supposedly brilliant tactician had him as his right-hand man, I can't imagine he was anything close to incompetent. What Malak is lacking to me is any really human motive or emotion. He seems preoccupied with being evil for no reason other than dominating everyone. I find that to be something of a let down in character development, especially since this person had been a Jedi Knight until fairly recently.
In most fairytales or adventure stories we never really get to dive deep into the main villain characters. They mostly serve only as an obstacle for the hero. Just like we dont really get to know much about Sidious in the Original Trilogy. Sure i agree they should have extrapolated more on Malaks character. But i like Malak. He has been a Jedi all his life, he knows stuff! A superficial fool could NEVER be a Sith Lord.

IMO Malak showed some character! We even get to see a shred of his human side just before he died.

But remember that Malak was still pretty young, and with all the power he had, you have to expect some boasting and some talk of crushing enemies.

If we are all clones, why am i the only one with a sense of humor?
Knight Of Honor is offline   you may: quote & reply,