Thread: [WIP] Quanons Crazy Projects!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #322
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istorian View Post
Well, just to initiate another brainstorming of your mind, pal, I have an idea. Why not make the PC a character, hired or persuaded by the Exile to search for something or someone the Exile needs, while the Exile is still searching for the Jedi Masters. Or you could have the Exile captured and his only hope of escaping would be in the PC's hands and down in this area! Just random ideas.
Mmm, I really don't want this story to close connected to the Exilee...
Ofcourse that makes it more difficult to "hook" it in...

I feel this might be the lamest part of the mod.

Quote:
Now, I don't get that thing much. You know pretty well I'm having an incredible amount of trouble getting my Arena, the first big model I've created, in TSL. You know the walkmesh is bugging me. What walkmesh problem of TSL are you referring to, mate?
You're now where I was at my first steps at 3D modelling. You know a few bits and bops, but lack some experience. You ain't doing bad, hang in there. All these graphic programmes demand a certain dedication.

Keep messing about. In the end you'll learn you're own way of doing things.
I can only point you out somethings, deliver a tip, but in the end everyone has his own way of doing 3D.

Really, just keep doing it. The results you see now, are only here because I've been trying for like 5 years or so. If I look back at older moduls I made... boy, I feel ashamed.

Trust me, 3D takes awhile to get a good vibe out of it. That is, IMO, the hardest part. You'll feel like a noob for quiet awhile. But you'll get more insight. Just hang in there.

This is really something important, something I can't put into a tutorial. A lot of this 3D business depends on how hard you want to achieve something in it.

EDIT: I almost ignored the bit about the walkmesh. My main issue now with the walkmesh is that you can't make it cross in height. Say you have a bridge, crossing over another part of your walkmesh. That doesn't work. The lower part of your walkmesh blocks, cuts off, the higher part of your walkmesh.

Quote:
And to return to the module render, it seems you have a tendency of leaving me in awe with an open mouth for about 5 minutes before I decide to re-grab the mouse, every time you post screenies of your work!! They don't call you the 3D Guru for nothing!

Héhéhéh, thank you. I still doubt that title. I might look "godlike" but I'm not.
Just browse about some of the more active 3D forums on the net. And you"ll see that what I do is peanuts. The kotor games are very forgiving. They're getting old. Very old compared to all the graphic finess modern games are showing. Infact the 3D the games are using is very crude.

If I would have to model for like a game like ME 2, you"dd see I aint that great. There's still a great deal to learn for me.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA

Last edited by Quanon; 02-17-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,