View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #31
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5 View Post
THIS.

Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, they KNOW that Kreia lies about EVERYTHING, and yet they treat her words (no matter how self-contradictory they are) as if they descended from the heavens on fifty-foot stone slabs with flaming writing inscribed upon them, direct from Canon heaven.
First off get your head back on your shoulders.

Now let's go back and see what I orignally responded to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
Someone remind me what's being "retconned" again?
To which I replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
When you talk to Kreia and she speaks of Revan, you say either:
The Sith teachings came from Korriban
or
The Sith teachings came from the Sith Empire

Kreia responds:
"Oh did they? Revan learned the Sith Teachings, but met no Sith Empire."

Obviously that is now retconned--but it does make her look like an even more deceitful old bat who "doesn't add up".
I don't see expressed anywhere anywhere that I take her words for gospel. I may admire how smoothly she uses deception to teach the lessons and point that she *really* wants to get accross.

However, you're going off like this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin_Londo5 View Post
Seriously, that's the thing that drives me up the wall about the TSL crowd, *snipped diatribe for brevity*
based upon your own misconception of what I'm thinking.

I may not like TSL being retconned, but if their creative team is making it fit nicely in the unknowns or the "lied about" mysteries, so as not to completely invalidate it and wipe it off the map, then I'm fine with that.

Fact is I'm neutral about the MMO, not neurotic about it. So, you don't know as much as you think you do of what I'm thinking.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: