View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
True_Avery
Banned

Gonna be honest, I'm more interested in the fact that the media ****ing lied to my face than ACORN's "Han solo" cards.

Personally I think its a little bit more of a problem considering how easily it was eaten up. The suit was a lie, the context of the video was a lie, and it was never mentioned he had already done this multiple times before and been exposed as a fraud. What he was doing was illegal, yet the media still gave him a pat on the back and a gold star and mic.

Then his video was used in a smear campaign without ever being validated, confirmed, researched, etc. Hell, without the original tapes the media had to take it ON HIS WORD that it was right, which cost people their jobs. His word, by the way, that he contradicts in his own transcripts and his own word that has caused police intervention that has proven him distinctly wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
So they only committed one crime (voter registration fraud) instead of two crimes (registration fraud + voter fraud). I don't see how that makes what Acorn did any better.
And for that, yes, they are getting their due credit for now.

However, I'd prefer them ruin their own reputation instead of this lying twit making up reasons... especially reasons as heinous as child prostitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
Interestingly, the "B-roll" issue aside, I never got the impression he was dressed like Huggy Bear, but in fact somewhat preppy.
Neither did I, but he and the news still claimed he did.

Quote:
The next step, if there is one, would be to have them reveal what they've got, compare it to what ACORN claims are valid logs and let the chips fall where they may.
Hopefully we'll be seeing these videos soon since he's under investigation right now. I'm sure with this latest news ACORN will be happy to press charges for the tapes.

If it turns out he really did splice it up more than is obvious I hope he gets sued for everything he'll ever have. I wouldn't really mind the news stations getting pulled down a little as well.

Quote:
ACORN claims are valid logs
They're on his blog site thing if you'd like to read them.

Quote:
Right now it still seems like a game of he-said/she-said.
This is a game of what he-said/he-said.

He claims he wore the suit. He didn't. He claims he asked to smuggle children in and sell them. Well, his own transcripts claim he said another pimp already had the children. He says he was her pimp. The transcripts say he is her boyfriend trying to protect her from a prostitution ring. He claims an ACORN employee killed her ex-husband. Ex-husband is alive asking "what?", along with the police. He claims they aid prostitution, federal investigation came up with nothing... Except his highly edited video.

ACORN didn't even really have to do any work. He is contradicting his own story.

Last edited by True_Avery; 03-07-2010 at 12:55 PM.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,