View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #13
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis View Post
This isn't about censorship, it's about limited bandwidth. And while we all would like to have an infinite amount, this is the real world.
I mean that in the relative sense that they are limiting what you can and can't access. Hope that clarifies.

Well that and ?I just wonder what is next to be banned because of bandwidth drain. We already hit torrents and gaming...maybe stocks and trade...

Quote:
I am unsure of the exact circumstances of Comcast's decision making, but on the face of it these things are true:

The government had no mandate to interfere with Comcast's management of its network;
Limiting Bittorrent traffic speeds to provide a reasonable amount of service to the majority of their subscribers is well within Comcast's rights, and perhaps even moral obligations, during high-traffic periods.

The judge's ruling is perfectly fine. If people dislike the law, then the law should be changed. But I don't like the idea of government entities doing whatever they want, without a mandate, even if it is perceived as a good in the short term. The FCC was out of bounds when they required Comcast to stop shaping BT traffic and that they got slapped down was a good thing for anyone who likes old fashioned things like the rule of law.
Well, since you put it that way in terms of gov't control, good point.

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,