Thread: The Story
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
The Story

Alright, I hear it from all over the place that TOR will have some epic storyline and that for the fans of the original KOTOR series, this will not disappoint. I loved both games, and I really think that if anyone can make a good story, it's Bioware. I think the fact that it is made by Bioware will mean that I will be forced to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I've never played any MMO before. I wanted to try SW Galaxies...but yeah, you know. I never really liked the pay to play idea because $15 a month for a poor college student is actually a lot of money just to play a game. However, I'm a sucker for a good story (be it in a game, book, movie, etc.). I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but can anyone tell me how you actually make a story for an open-world MMO like this. I understood how you could make a story work in something like Guild Wars, but I don't know how a story can be told in a "true" MMO like this.

Even with my doubts, I think that this will turn out to be a great game whether I buy it or not. I think the fact that it's set in the old republic gives it even more freedom to expand on a larger story (if done correctly) that could continue to evolve based on the way the population of players decide to play the game. I think that the idea of the players determining where the story could go would be something I'd really like to look into.

I don't know, maybe I'm just rambling on about nothing, but I do have quite a bit of confidence in Bioware to make a great game with an outstanding story...I'm just unsure about the format it will be told in. I feel like this game will be a hit or miss with me simply by the way they structure the storyline.

Hope to hear more about this in the near future!

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,