View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJedi86 View Post
Why would Troopers need a melee weapon? You don't need a melee weapon to tank. You could be a ranged tank. Think outside the box here. This is Star Wars, most foes attack at range with a gun. You could have threat-causing abilities and take all the hits from a foe at range. Think like tanking a turret or a guard droid. Tanks don't have to melee. Now why do you think you HAVE to give a Trooper a melee weapon to tank?
I was trying to make the connection in the comparison you were making to paladins. That and I was thinking, as has been mentioned, of encounters with Sith present that would be in your face unless of course you have a Jedi to draw them off.

I am in no way saying that a trooper could not be a tank...as I said I like to believe that diversity in classes is possible provided the skills and abilities are provided by Bioware.

Truthfully, the more I think about it, the more I realize the discussion has little purpose beyond speculation until we know more about the full set of abilities that Bioware is planning for each class.

*edit* having just reviewed the holonet videos on the trooper it does seem like their abilities are focused on damage...but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,