View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #49
Monkey Mania

Wall... of... text....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapetti View Post
I really feel as though the thinner Guybrush head shape is the only way to go. The larger MI2 style head just seems to suit a beard better but just doesn't look right without one. It's a really small pixel wide difference but the slightest pixel change really does change everything. I mean if you were to remove a pixel for the eye... he only has one eye, pixels make big differences.
His head as well as his body is one pixel wider. The only reason for this is just continuity. We're to match MI2's style rather than SMI's style. Also, when the sprite is in 320x200, he will be thinner.

Quote:
While it's nice that Monkey Mania attempted to make a compromise between the two I just feel that the only reason I changed it in the first place was the size of the head and how the nose looks etc. So changing that back to the larger style makes mine utterly pointless other than removing some gold on his shoes :/
Continuity, you may not care about it, but I do.

Quote:
And as for helping with working on the sprites for the project, I just don't think I'm reliable enough XD It'll never be finished with me helping out. I'm mainly a suggestion guy but I usually make a suggestion and then think "I can do this, so I will". Monkey Mania will do it Won't cha?
Just a pointer, tell people what you like about it before you make a suggestion.

Quote:
Other suggestions btw, it would seem to me that most of Wally's original sprites in MI2 have a strong glow on one side of his face due a lamp on his desk. You should probably change the shading on Wally for this CMI version, because it just looks a little odd with such a strong shading on his head.
I just used a sprite I found on the internet. Maybe you could be more specific on what changes I should make.

Quote:
Didn't expect LeChuck to look so good with a simple colour change for his flaming beard :P Should probably do something about his eyebrows though... either remove them, make them flaming, or make them less noticable and more skin toned...
He had no visible eyebrows in CMI, so if they were flaming, I think we would've noticed. The eyebrows give contrast to his glowing eyes. I guess I can make them a dark red or something.

Quote:
I should have probably used quotes in this post... but I am far too lazy XD

Edit: Also btw, I think Elaine should have the same clothes because she did from MI1 and MI2. Would also save some time on your part :P
Pretty much, but perhaps a color change.
Monkey Mania is offline   you may: quote & reply,