View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #51
Scapetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Mania View Post
Wall... of... text....
Yeah, I mentioned I should have used quotes, at least it had gaps I guess. I might go back and fix that after this reply. Needless to say, I had just woken up XD

Quote:
His head as well as his body is one pixel wider. The only reason for this is just continuity. We're to match MI2's style rather than SMI's style. Also, when the sprite is in 320x200, he will be thinner.
Who said we were matching MI2's style? Surely what looks good, looks good... I think my Guybrush's head looks better, and that's why I was so keen to have it changed.

Quote:
Continuity, you may not care about it, but I do.
If the developers were to make a MI3 a year later than MI2 or something, I'm sure they wouldn't have just stuck with Guybrush's size in MI2 for continuity's sake. It's not as though Guybrush becomes much older from SMI to MI2. It's not like you look at my Guybrush and think, "what, that's not Guybrush, continuity is all wrong". Well you seem to... but I don't :/

Quote:
Just a pointer, tell people what you like about it before you make a suggestion.
I usually just say what I don't like, people do the same to me. I prefer criticism tbh. Obviously I like what I don't mention needs changing.

Quote:
I just used a sprite I found on the internet. Maybe you could be more specific on what changes I should make.
Yeah I know you did, but the problem is how it was used in the game. I'll quickly whip up my own version.

Quote:
He had no visible eyebrows in CMI, so if they were flaming, I think we would've noticed. The eyebrows give contrast to his glowing eyes. I guess I can make them a dark red or something.
A very dark green perhaps?

Quote:
Pretty much, but perhaps a color change.
Maybe... but I did like the whole one wardrobe thing

Last edited by Scapetti; 04-15-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Scapetti is offline   you may: quote & reply,