Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
Found the clip:

View page
YouTube Video

I don't recall much of any backlash when this episode aired, and that was years ago.
This was from 2001

lol they made fun of this in the 200th episode...something along the lines of "Things have changed since the last time we saw Muhammed..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
They found and killed that film maker in 2004, so I wouldn't put it past them to give it a shot.

I get why the image is banned but at the same time I don't, but this entire issue has been taken too far. Not only do we censor it, but its censored because of radicals like this group. This may be very callous and ignorant, but by censoring it we are only giving extremists like this power in the long run. Sure, its blasphemous but what happened to free speech?

They let an image of Jesus sh***ing on the American flag air, but refused to show Muhammad without a censor bar. If anything, the episode went out and did exactly as intended.

PS: South Park has already drawn and depicted Muhammad as a fire shooting crime fighter in the episode Super Best Friends, fully drawn and fully animated. It was censored on air, but you can watch the uncensored version on their website so the controversy is a little late. They also used the same threat in Cartoon Wars.
I think the creators put the "censored" bar over muhammed in the episode not anyone else. It was actually funnier that way.

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out

Last edited by mimartin; 04-22-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Combine Double Post – Please don’t do that. :)
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,