View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miro42 View Post
I don't get it. How are the textures not there? There are DS transitions for it in the game, right? So doesn't Kotor Tool just take what's in the game and extract it? Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about. Programming is definitely not my strong suit.
Anyhoo, I'm not too worried as I hate the whole idea of DS transitions. It's a ridiculous idea that you can see evil. A good deal of evil stuff is perceived as good, that's why it's evil. As the great Frodo Baggins said about the servants of Saruon, "I think one of his spies would - well, seem fairer and feel fouler..."Stupid, stupid prequels ruined everything. So, thanks Rtas Vadum. I was going to attempt DS transitions then you made me remember that I mod for myself, not for what other people want.
Well, that is what KT does, but if something isn't within the files for either game, it can't extract it. And I'd imagine that there were some things Obsidian knew they were going to replace, or just not use.

As to "showing evil", its mostly a visual mechanic of game and movies, as being "evil" doesn't exactly mean your eyes change or your skin gets deathly pale(meaning in real life). Makes it obvious who the enemy is, or who is on what side. Its something I like myself(maybe not exactly the veins, but I don't mind it), but I don't take it to far either. Most I go for with my own reskins is having the eye color change, the skin, lips, and hair. Maybe tattoos, but since the textures get mirrored, I usually don't use them, unless its for some other purpose(such as for Mira's default clothing, and her dancer outfit). But if you just want the eyes to change, or just some other small detail, go for it. After all, it is your work first.

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,