View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #29
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"Can you fly Mantis?" Was all he heard before he recoiled from Titan's launch, soaring off in a heroic display of fire and flight. He never heard anything else Titan said, even the comment afterwards about being aided by Candlelight went unheard, as Mantis had been distracted in thought.

"No, that's alright, I'll just stand here, you go on, I like watching," he remarked sarcastically to no one in particular, although he did acknowledge the fact that Candlelight was still there.

He stood, eyes transfixed on the sky as he watched Titan closing in on the civilian jet. But before Titan could make it the plane erupted into flames, Mantis shaking his head, but keeping his eyes on the sky. Yet no sooner had he noticed the explosion did he notice Titan grab a falling woman, who in turn was holding another woman, but no one could celebrate just yet, as he saw a fighter jet break off to intercept Titan, who was soaring towards the city, and the ground.

Mantis acted, running towards where Titan seemed to be going, he shouted back at Candlelight, "Nice meeting you!"

With that he launched himself into the air in one powerful jump, gaining altitude at tremendous speed, he clenched his fists, mantis-like blades and spikes erupting from under the forearms of his carapace, lifting his hands in a way that resembled someone with two daggers trying to stab something with both hands, lifted above his head, and then....*Thunk!*

He hit the soaring jet, as it'd gotten close enough to the ground for him to reach it, slamming his spikes into it's hull; he jerked, as he was caught by the sheer force of the fighter as it flew at intense speeds. His whole body ripping back, but his hold onto the jet never lessened, his bones cracking (and a few undoubtedly broke) at the sudden whip-like jerk.

His body adjusted to the inertia, and he proceeded to scale the jet, inch by inch, as traveling up it could be perilous if he didn't take it slow. He finally made it to the cockpit, where the woman inside was already prepared with a handgun.

'As if you wouldn't notice a giant bug plastering to the side of your jet,' He thought, smashing his spikes & blades into the glass bubble, the spikes puncturing, but doing nothing else.

'Great, military grade,' he thought, slamming his arm down again, and again, aaaannnd again, until finally the cockpit couldn't take anymore and he finally shattered a hole in the glass, the pilot veering off course from attacking Titan, and straightening so that she wouldn't crash as she attempted to shoot Mantis. But before she could react Mantis had crawled in through the small hole, the pilot being jerked around, and shooting aimlessly, blowing holes in the glass, and damaging the delicate instruments of the fighter jet, the pilot pausing as she realized what she'd done.

"Yep, that's a--all you," Mantis remarked to the pilot, who turned to pull the ejection lever, but was knocked out cold by Mantis in one easy punch, before she could do so.

With that, Mantis grabbed the pilot, and launched himself out of the cockpit, smashing through the glass, he went soaring through the air, and then landed like a drunk, as he hit the ground hard, tumbling forward due to the pilot he was carrying.

"Maybe next time I'll launch myself clean through the cockpit window, seems to work better than mangling my arm trying to smash through it," he muttered to himself, walking off to where Titan would be landing, dragging the unconscious pilot by the collar.

"I hope they have insurance," he said out loud as he heard the jet's explosion as it crashed into a building.

When he reached the spot where Titan would presumably be landing, he shouted out to him (however far or near he was), "Sorry, I got envious, I wanted my own person too!"

((Sorry to take away all the fun, but a Superhero is a Superhero!))

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)

Last edited by Master_Archon; 05-29-2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Edit: Changed all accounts of the pilot being a he, to a she! :)....Wait, wrong pilot!!!
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,